An attempt at normalcy…..

1 Oct

I say attempt because with a 1.5 month old you quickly learn the best laid plans dont come to fruition unless its on the babies terms and schedule!

My plan for today:

Wake up at 8:45 am, get ready and go grocery shopping to start my weight watchers plan off right. (I rejoined last night) I want to lose my last 9 pregnancy pounds and then start in on the fat pounds I already had going on :). Then run for 45 minutes per my half marathon training plan and shower and make lunch/dinner.  Also do all of Camden’s laundry. He had a blowout on the way home from NC and good lord was it awful. Yes it is a day after we got home and you must be wondering why I didn’t wash the clothes yesterday…I’ll get to that.

What actually happened: 

Woke up with the baby at 3:30 am, 6:30 am and 8:30 am. I was exhausted after how much he wanted to eat last night so after he fell back asleep so did I until around 10:30 when he needed a diaper change.

Here is Camden around 3:30 am looking exhausted. This position is key after he eats, he burps right away and poops. Hey you do what you gotta do! Plus how tired does this kid look!?


Plus add to this the fact Dan forgot to set his alarm, luckily I woke up at around 8:11 before the baby and he was on his way.

So now I was up at 10:30, well I had to get him changed, dressed, fed and I had to pump. (I am trying to rebuild my supply after vacation but its pretty pathetic right now). Cue the baby spitting up all over his clean outfit.


Camden after a quick de-robing I noticed he had peed, because when it rains it pours. Yes I changed him and his clothes on the kitchen Island because Im not above taking the quickest route.

So after a quick change we were out the door I had to go to the post office and the grocery store. I figured a clean and well fed baby equaled one who would nap….I was wrong. The grocery store went fine until check out when he started to rev up quite a bit. Also I could only buy about a quarter of my list since the car seat took up most of the space in the carriage. I cannot wait for the day he can sit up in a cart himself in front, then I can fit everything. I got back home around 1 and started cooking. I made soup for dinner and also wanted to make lettuce wraps for lunch. I ended up eating two cold pieces of pizza from the fridge because between a cranky baby and walking the dog thats what I had time for. But I did get the soup done and stayed within weight watchers points even eating the pizza.

At this point I remembered I wanted to wash the babies clothes that were in the washer and asked myself why I didn’t do it yesterday, then I remembered.


The pink and white bottle is the baby detergent. Even with a chair I cant get it, thanks Dan for being so tall.

I called Dan to inform him of this and I think he was proud of himself. We also ended up making a deal that because Cam is so cranky we will both workout while he is sleeping with us in the basement. My treadmill is there and Dan’s trainer for his bicycle is there. Hopefully he will nap for 45 minutes straight so I can get it done!

So now dinner is done and I am feeding Camden, while we wait for daddy to get home. This has been the busiest day I have had him, in terms of trying to do errands and housework by myself, while he is cranky. I think we both did pretty well and I did get quite a few smiles from my little guy!

Now I am enjoying my baby’s company and relaxing to the scents of potato soup and scentsy. I got a new scent for October and thought its Fall lets make it smell that way.


Life is finally returning to normal and I am not so sleep deprived. Which is awesome because I go back to work in 13 days and take Camden with me….. let the new adventures begin!


3 Responses to “An attempt at normalcy…..”

  1. Melissa October 1, 2013 at 7:07 pm #

    Alex, I feel your pain! I too make a “to do list” every night before I go to bed, crossing my fingers that a huge chunk of that list is accomplished. I should know by now, with baby number 4, that NEVER happens. I haven’t slept through the night in over 3 years. Not a clue what that feels like anymore. People keep telling me it will get easier, however I don’t think that will happen until the last one goes off to school. I love reading your blogs, and from one mother to another, BREATHE!!! These are all stages and they too, shall pass. I’m glad your sleeping and finding time to eat right. This will all help in the long run of building your milk supply. Anyone who breastfeed, knows pumping is a full time job. You look great, baby is beautiful and continue to take it one day at a time. What you don’t finish today, there is always tomorrow! 🙂

  2. kimbo2222 October 1, 2013 at 9:24 pm #

    My day at Work seems like a day at the spa compared to your day with one small baby. And is it just me or is Camden starting to look like Dan when he wakes up in the middle of the night? Ha ha. Stay strong my little mommy. And tall Daddy too.

  3. Alex K October 2, 2013 at 6:22 am #

    Melissa thanks for your comment! I think these days where he is just cranky all day no matter what are the hardest, but still great because it’s time with my little boy. Kim thanks he was rough today but honestly nothing I couldn’t handle. It may have been overwhelming a few weeks ago but I’m getting it.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: